Jefferson Co. CWPP
Jefferson County Fuels Reduction Application for Homeowners
COIC in collaboration with the Jefferson County Fire Chiefs is offering private landowners the opportunity to apply for funding in an effort to minimize fire danger as outlined in the Jefferson County Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP). Residents that are eligible will be offered a flat rate reimbursement of $300 for treating the land around their home (otherwise referred to as the ignition zone or defensible space) to the Ready, Set, Go! standards.
The goal of this program is to minimize fire danger in subdivisions and neighborhoods and make firefighting safer and more effective; many of the standards are available in the Living with Wildfire in Jefferson County handbook which can be found online at www.livingwithwildfire.info.
Fire chiefs will be responsible for assuring that the standards are met prior to dispensing funds. Funding and/or technical assistance is available to homeowners/landowners with completing defensible space projects.
2017 Jefferson County Fuels Reduction Application, click here
If you have questions about this program, please contact the person below who represents your region:
Crooked River Ranch Fire and Rescue:
NFPA Wildfire Field Representative, Gary Marshall
Madras and all other regions:
Central Oregon Intergovernmental Council, Hallie Adams
- Ready, Set, Go! (RSG) are principles or standards to help residents be Ready with preparedness understanding, be Set with situational awareness when fire threatens, and to Go, acting early when a fire starts.
- Firewise Communities is a program encourages local solutions for safety by involving homeowners in taking individual responsibility for preparing their homes from the risk of wildfire.
- 6 Steps to Wildfire Protection is a brochure, developed by the Oregon Department of Forestry, that outlines steps that Jefferson County residents can take to protect property from wildfire. Additionally, the brochure provides an explanation of the Oregon Forestland-Urban Interface Fire Protection Act (SB 360).
- Living with Wildfire is a booklet specifically developed for Jefferson County residents to prepare for a catastrophic fire, including information on how to protect yourself, your family and your home.
- Jefferson County Fire Free facebook page has up to date information for Jefferson County residents.
Jefferson County Community Wildfire Protection Plan
The Jefferson County Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) is a county-wide, strategic assessment of the risks, hazards, mitigation and prevent opportunities associated with wildfire in our communities. This CWPP contains 19 communities and covers a total of 1.14 million acres.
2016 CWPP Maps
2011 CWPP Maps
For more information contact:
Katrina Van Dis, Program Administrator