Open Enrollment IS HERE for the 2017 Plan Year
Open Enrollment for Deschutes County / COIC Employee Health Plan begins on July 1 and closes July 21. All changes and elections need to be submitted to HR no later than 5 PM on Friday, July 21.
During Open Enrollment (OE) all benefit-eligible employees have choices to make regarding their benefits:
►Flexible Spending Accounts: Enroll/re-enroll in Pre-tax Health Reimbursement Expenses account and/or the Dependent Care Expenses account. These elections must be made every year to continue participation in the program. All FSA enrollments must be completed online. (FSA enrollment instruction packet below.)
- THIS ELECTION IS FOR A SHORT PLAN YEAR: 8/1/2017 – 12/31/2017 ONLY. Deschutes County/COIC are changing its plan year to coordinate with the calendar year and will have a short plan year where employees can enroll for the remaining 5 months in 2017. Election limits will be prorated for the short year. A second open enrollment period will be available in October for employees to enroll in FSA from January to December. Click on the link, Flexible Spending Account Enrollment Instructions, in the supporting documents below for details on completing an FSA enrollment this year.
►Health Insurance Highlights: Add/drop dependents, add/drop dental or medical coverage, opt-out of coverage. Review the Health Plan Changes document below for details on this year’s changes.
- No change in the employee contribution to health insurance this year for Deschutes County / COIC employees.
- Deschutes County/COIC is changing Third Party Administrators (TPA). Starting in January 2018, the County /COIC will use PacificSource for TPA services to process the County’s health insurance claims. See the FAQ below for more details.
- The plan year is changing with the new TPA. This plan year will only cover 5 months, from 8/1/2017 – 12/31/2017. A new plan year will begin on January 1, 2018.
- Open Enrollment is moving. This will be the last open enrollment in July. Going forward open enrollment will begin in October to better correspond with the new plan year.
Retirees on the Deschutes County/ COIC Health Plan: click on the instruction packet, Open Enrollment Instructions – Retirees, for details on your options during Open Enrollment.
►AFLAC Voluntary Benefits: Enroll/re-enroll in pre-tax voluntary benefits through AFLAC.
Contact the AFLAC representative, Kate Thomas, to discuss your options during Open Enrollment. Kate can be reached at (541) 531-5759 or by email at email@example.com
►Other Benefits: Now is a good time to review any Deferred Compensation (457 Plan) deferrals and your Life Insurance elections to see if you want to make any changes.
Click on the links below for details on Deferred Compensation and Life Insurance options.
For a detailed explanation on Open Enrollment options, and changes this year, click on the link below, Open Enrollment Instructions – Deschutes County / COIC Employees. Open Enrollment details are emailed to employee’s work email addresses and copies provided to those without an email address. You do not need to complete a form if you are not making changes to your health care coverage. However, if you want to enroll in or continue Flexible Spending for the next plan year, you must enroll at each Open Enrollment.
Human Resources staff is available for questions; just give us a call (541) 548-9544 or (541) 548-9537, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.