Purpose of the Human Services Transportation Coordination Plan
In order to receive funding from the federal Elderly Individuals and Individuals with Disabilities (Section 5310) program, or the state of Oregon’s Special Transportation Fund (STF) program, projects must be consistent with a locally developed, coordinated public transit-human services transportation plan. The plan must be developed through a process that includes representatives of public, private, and non-profit transportation and human services providers and participation by members of the public. The goals of the Plan are to:
- Identify the transportation needs of individuals with disabilities, older adults, and people with low incomes;
- Provide strategies for meeting these needs;
- And prioritize transportation services for funding and implementation.
COIC staff began updating the Human Services Coordination Transportation Plan process in March 2016. The final plan can be found below:
The Regional Steering Committee meetings are listed below.
- May 10, 2016 Agenda Meeting Notes
- September 14, 2016 Agenda Meeting Minutes
- January 5, 2017 Agenda Wikimap instructions and faqs
- September 2017 TBD
Data collected in the Coordination Plan:
A list of the Coordination Plan Steering Committee and Stakeholders can be found here.
For questions or comments about the Coordination Plan, contact:
Andrea Breault, CET Senior Transit Planner