Job Seeker Services
Job Search and Career Counseling Services
COIC in partnership with WorkSource Oregon helps job seekers of all ages and experience with job-seeking services, including education and training. Most services are available at no cost, although some eligibility requirements may apply.
- How to target your job search
- How to use Oregon Employment Dept job referral system
- How to investigate labor market information, trends and current wages
- How to effectively complete an application and write a cover letter and resume
- How to use computers to write your resume and search online for jobs
- Computer skills and common business software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- What to expect in an interview and get tips on how to succeed
- Which jobs might be best suited to your skills and interests
- What employers in the area are looking for in an employee
- One-on-one career counseling
- Mock interviews
- Computers, printers, fax, copiers for job search and training
- Career assessments and workshops
- Info on training providers and financial aid
- Info on area resources including vocational rehab and housing
Who Can Use Our Services?
Any job-seeking individual is eligible for most services. A current WorkSource registration with valid ID is required. Specific eligibility requirements may apply in some programs.
How to Get Started?
- Register or update your WorkSource registration at iMatchSkills.org or visit your local COIC/WorkSource Office to use our computers for registration.
- Visit your local COIC/WorkSource Office, bring a valid ID and complete a 10-minute “Welcome Process”. No appointment necessary.
- Access workshops, computer classes, printers, faxes, copiers, software and career counseling.
COIC is part of WorkSource Oregon, a network of partnerships and sites throughout Oregon committed to integration, collaboration and focusing on results that matter to workforce customers. Local partners include (clicking the links below will open a new window connecting you to our partners):