Cascades East Ride Center (CERC) is a call center that provides information about local transportation options available, and schedules rides for several kinds of local transportation, and processes travel reimbursements for OHA/DHS clients:
- Cascade East Transit – get bus information and schedules rides when reservations are needed
- Rides for eligible Medicaid clients for covered Medicaid (OHP) services
- Authorization for Medicaid (OHP) travel reimbursements trips
- Veterans Transportation to the VA Van to Portland, local rides available only when authorized by a VSO
If you would like to talk with a Customer Service Representative about Central Oregon transportation options please call (541) 385-8680 or Toll Free 1 (866) 385-8680.
Other Central Oregon Transportation Services
For a list of transportation options in Central Oregon, click here.
Rides On Cascade East Transit (CET)
CET is a public transportation system providing local on demand bus service in the Redmond, Prineville, Madras, La Pine and Sisters communities. Bend CET provides fixed route bus service for the general public, and, pre-scheduled Dial-A-Ride services for qualifying persons with disabilities and seniors who qualify as low income.
Additionally, Community Connector bus service provides Bus service on a fixed schedule and is available between the communities of Bend, Redmond, Terrebonne, Prineville, Madras, Culver, Metolius, Warm Springs, La Pine and Sisters.
- For information about CET, click here
- Para informacion sobre el bus de CET, haga click aqui
Medical Rides for Eligible OHP Clients
CERC arranges rides to medical appointments for eligible Medicaid (OHP) clients when they have no other way to get to their covered Medicaid services. The service area covered for the scheduling of medical transportation rides includes the following counties: Crook, Deschutes, Jefferson, and four communities in Northern Klamath County; Gilchrist, Crescent, Chemult and Crescent Lake.
- For information on the OHP Medical Transportation Program, click here
- Para informacion del OHP Programa de Transportacion Medico, haga click aqui
OHP Medical Transportation Reimbursements for Medicaid Clients – Effective April 1, 2014
For residents of Crook, Deschutes, Jefferson & Northern Klamath Counties, CERC authorizes and issues transportation reimbursements to help cover the travel costs for Medicaid (OHP) clients to get to and from covered Medicaid services. If you are on the Oregon Health Plan (OHP) and drive yourself to medical services, or have a friend or family member who can give you a ride, you may be eligible for help with travel costs. (Northern Klamath County coverage is residents of Gilchrist, Crescent, Crescent Lake and Chemult.)
To be eligible for help with travel reimbursement costs trips must be to a provider in your local town, or the next closest town where the service is available if not available in your local town. Requests for reimbursements must be requested and authorized at least 48 hours before the medical service unless it is an unanticipated, urgent need. Trip verifications are required. See the attached program guide for more information.
- For information on the OHP Transportation Reimbursement Program, click here
- For a copy of the OHP Medical Visit Verification Form, click here.
CERC Advisory Committee Agenda & Minutes
For more information contact:
- 2014 Meeting Schedule
- COIC Administration, 334 NE Hawthorne Ave, Bend, OR 97701
- Every Other Month, 4th Wednesday, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Melanie Ybarra, Program Administrator